Katy Perry used to be the reigning queen of #Halloween13, but last year, a new pop star to emulate emerged: Taylor Swift. The country-turned-pop singer has been our most popular costume to date, so this year, we HAD to create a few new looks in honor of 1989. Here are two Taylor Swift costume ideas from “Shake It Off” — scroll to the bottom for looks from other music videos.
- Longsleeve cat crop top: You can buy a pale pink longsleeve shirt ($11, Amazon) and draw the cat’s face with a Sharpie, or buy this Cartoon Cat Sweatshirt ($17, Amazon) and cut it shorter.
- Women’s leotard in white, $8; Amazon (also available in girls’ sizes)
- Black ankle-length leggings, $24; Amazon
- Ankle-tie ballet flats, $18; Aeropostale
- Long-sleeve leopard print crop top, $11; Amazon (Taylor’s jacket was custom-made) OR Long-sleeve leopard print scoopneck crop top (comes with a matching pencil skirt), $16; Amazon
- Thick gold chain necklace, $10; Amazon
- Large gold-colored hoop earrings, $14.25; Amazon
- Acid wash jean shorts, $24; Amazon
- Thick gold cuff bracelet, $3; Amazon
- Two thick gold link bracelets, $10; Amazon
- White high-top sneakers