Our mission is simple: Serve as your source for insanely easy — and flavorful! — recipes, cooking tutorials and other ways to make life better, one course at a time. We feature some dishes you can cook in a dorm room, but most of our content applies to any living situation, so you don’t have to be a student to enjoy ’em. A portion of our proceeds (25 percent, to be exact) goes toward student scholarships, so with each visit, you’re improving others’ lives, too.
We’re looking for writers, photographers, advertising partners, sponsors and leaders to grow the Collegiate Cook community. Here are a few ways you can join the team:
We’re all about advertising partnerships, which is more than slapping your logo on a banner—it’s a chance to really connect with our readers in a meaningful way, and know that your ad dollars are serving a dual purpose: expanding your brand while funding scholarships for students in need.
- Sponsor a post or series
- Option A: The post or series features your logo and a brief paragraph featuring your brand with “brought to you by” messaging
- Option B: Have us develop a recipe (or recipes) using your product
- Option C: Let us review your product
- Own a banner ad
- Fund a section of our next cookbook
- Sponsor an event
- Host a product giveaway
We’re so thrilled to have been featured on these amazing media outlets. If you’d like to talk to us (or feature a recipe or images), please feel free to email us at any time at candace [at] collegiatecook.com.
- Buzzfeed (See Nos. 2, 21 and 24)
- The Sacramento Bee: A feature on Collegiate Cook, and a dorm-approved recipe (Daily circulation: 279,032)
- The Cooking Channel
- AOL Patch: New Tampa
- The Oracle (University of South Florida’s student newspaper)
- Eagle News (Florida Gulf Coast University’s student newspaper; see page 9)
You can also find founding editor Candace Braun’s work on Oprah.com, Huffington Post, Yahoo! Shine, the Tampa Bay Times (formerly St. Petersburg Times), Naples Daily News, Veranda and Justine magazine.
Meet the Team
Founder/Editor: Candace Braun
Creative Director/Head of Business Development: Nate Scott
- Victoria Bekiempis
- Chris Gardner
- Mak Jones
- Michelle Joy
- Michelle Konkoly
- Savannah Marie
- Meghan Rose
- Bridget Sanderford
If you’d like to have your articles or recipes featured on Collegiate Cook, or if you would be interested in advertising with us, please fill out this form: