Remember those days when you could come home after a long day to the scent of a home-cooked meal, ready for you to devour? Well, Mom may not live with you anymore, but with this recipe, you can achieve exactly that! Just prepare the ingredients and let your crock pot do all the work.
Utensils used: Crock Pot, ladle, lots of napkins
barbecue sauce (I use Publix’s honey flavor or Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet Vidalia blend)
1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash original seasoning
Enough water to cover the pork loin when placed in your crock pot (tap water is fine)
1 can Ro-Tel tomatoes (as spicy as you like it)
1/3 to 1/2 pound of pork loin per person
3 tablespoons liquid smoke
kaiser rolls (or whatever buns you prefer)
Time required: 10 minutes to prepare, 6 hours for the crock pot to cook
1.Pour an entire can of Ro-Tel tomatoes into the crock pot.
2. Add in the teaspoon of Mrs. Dash and 3 tablespoons of liquid smoke before placing the pork loin in the crock pot.
3. Now add enough water just to cover the pork loin.
4. Place the lid on the crock pot and turn it on high. As hard as it may be, leave it alone for the next six hours.
5. Once the six hours are up, use two forks (or a ladle, if you have one) to pull the pork from the crock pot and put it in a bowl. Use the forks to gently shred the drained pork.
6. Place the pork on a bun and add your favorite barbecue sauce on top (as much as you’d like).