Apple Suicider Cocktails

Apple Suicider Cocktail recipe

It all started with a joke. After a long day of work, rummaging through the fridge, Nate stared at a bottle of Jack Daniel’s and a half-gallon of cider. “I think I’m going to make an apple sui-cider,” he joked, scouring the fridge for anything else we had on hand.

Apple Suicider Cocktail recipe
Photos: Nathan Davison

“Sui-cider?! That’s a recipe!” I shouted. Suddenly, he couldn’t simply enjoy a drink and a laid-back evening. His pun was too good. It had to become a legit recipe! After searching the fridge, he found some Cointreau, an orange-flavored liqueur, and we settled on giving the drink a cinnamon-sugar rim, just to garnish it. Still, he wasn’t satisfied. After all, if this was going to be a riff on a “suicide,” that drink where you combine all sorts of beverages haphazardly, creating a concoction that has an 82 percent chance of being dreadful and an 18 percent chance of awesome, it needed to be a bit crazier than whiskey, apple cider and a splash of orange liqueur.

Apple Suicider drink

It needed more of a tangy kick, we decided, reaching for a splash of lime juice. It adds a crisp, bold flavor, rounding out the combination of fruitiness and cinnamon spice. If you’re not into lime juice, and you want a super-powerful concoction, you could amp up the cinnamon with a shot of Fireball. Two kinds of whiskey can be potent, and pricey, though, so watch out.

how to make an Apple Suicider cocktail

For a calmer “Suicider,” try a splash of seltzer in place of lime juice or Fireball as your wildcard addition. Your call. This blend worked for us, and we wanted to share it with you.

Apple Suicider Cocktails

Ingredients

  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 2 tbsp sugar
  • 2 tbsp Jack Daniel's whiskey
  • 1 tbsp Cointreau
  • 1/2 tsp lime juice
  • 4 tbsp apple cider
  • 1 apple, sliced

Instructions

  1. Combine cinnamon and sugar on a shallow plate. Dip the mouth of each drinking glass in water, then in the cinnamon-sugar mixture to coat the rim.
  2. Pour whiskey, Cointreau, lime juice and cider in a glass, stirring to combine. Add ice if desired.
  3. Garnish with apple slices and serve.
Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by Yummly Rich Recipes
http://collegiatecook.com/2016/10/21/apple-suicider-cocktails/

1 Comment

  1. Jeremy says: Reply

    Sounds like a yummy but stiff way to start your weekend … will have to try this soon!

Tell Us What You Think

%d bloggers like this: