If you somehow wind up with extra Halloween candy this year — or you go HAM at the grocery store, only to realize you can’t be trusted with such a bounty mere feet away from you — you’ve got to try these Candy Corn Magic Bars. These gooey bars are totally customizable, so you can easily chop up half a cup of whatever you’ve got on hand and add it to the layers of sweetened condensed milk and graham cracker crust, and it’s pretty much guaranteed to be amazing (as long as you’re not chopping up tuna or something).
After some experimenting over the years, this mix seems perfect for any Halloween party: It’s got peanut butter (helloooo Reese’s Pieces!), tons of chocolate, and candy corn for a little festive crunch. Add a sprinkle of flaky sea salt if you’re feeling fancy — or just love that salty-sweet blend — and you’ve got a dessert that everyone will rave about. The best part? It’s so ridiculously easy to make there’s almost no way you can fail at making it.
The process is really that simple: Smash graham crackers, mix with melted butter, press into a greased pan, cover with a can of sweetened condensed milk, sprinkle with whatever candy suits your fancy — or do it our way with chocolate chips, flaked coconut, Reese’s Pieces and candy corn.
Prepare to become obsessed.
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 single-serving bag Reese's Pieces or other peanut butter candy
- 1/4 cup candy corn
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- As it heats, grab a large mixing bowl and combine graham crackers and butter. Press into a well-greased 8"x8" baking dish.
- Top with the contents of an entire can of sweetened condensed milk, then garnish with remaining ingredients. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until the sweetened condensed milk has turned a light golden brown and the chips look melty.