You couldn’t get the theme song out of your head until a few weeks ago*, so it’s only fitting that you put on your favorite light-up sneakers and get overly excited about the world, just like Kimmy Schmidt herself.
You could go as newly rescued Kimmy, in her full bomb shelter, doomsday cult garb, but really, it’s much easier to dance in her everyday, adjusting-to-life-as-a-New-Yorker clothes. (Plus, dancing’s all about butts these days, so you need something that makes it easier to shake that thing, right?)
If you’re super petite and live somewhere near a Justice or Claire’s, you could get away with raiding either store to get Kimmy’s woman-child look. Or you could try this costume idea.
The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt Costume:
- Yellow cardigan, $17; Amazon
- Floral-print buttondown shirt, $19; Amazon
- Pink crewneck tee, $8; Amazon
- Dark pink skinny jeans, $14; Amazon
- Women’s Purple High Top Sneakers, $26; Amazon (light-up kicks are surprisingly hard to find!)
*Sorry, you’re probably going to have the theme song stuck in your head for a while now. Let me make it up to you: Come back for the next 13 weekdays for even more Halloween costume ideas and recipes!