We can’t tell you who A is (does anyone REALLY know?), but we can help you come up with a Pretty Little Liars costume that would make Allison DiLaurentiis wickedly jealous.
Dressing like the Liars is easy, thanks to their clothing line at Aeropostale. However, Hannah, Aria, Spencer and Emily’s looks aren’t so definitive that the average person will immediately recognize you — unless, perhaps, you grab three friends, put on LBDs and cover yourselves in dirt, recreating season 1’s poster.
The easiest (and most wickedly fun) route? Be the A Team. You can either all dress up as Red Coat or elect one scarlet-suited leader and let everyone else get comfy in the A Team’s black hoodies. Just make sure you leave plenty of cryptic messages for people that could be interpreted to mean you either want to give them a makeover—or, you know, take their lives—and sign everything with A’s classically cheesy, “xoxo, bitches.”
Here’s how to get the look:
Pretty Little Liars “Red Coat” Costume:
- Red coat: Snag a hooded version for $30 (pictured) or use an old Carmen Sandiego costume (all Amazon)
- Long blonde wig, $19; Amazon
- Black “Matte Liquid” Leggings, $17; Amazon
- Black heeled booties, $40; Target
The “A” Team Costume:
- Oversized black hoodie, $12.60; Amazon
- Black gloves, $10; Amazon (Of course these have special fingertips, so you can text your threats without leaving fingerprints.)
- Skinny jeans
- Gray Smokey Eyes (Michelle Phan has a great video tutorial here.)
- Menacing stare