Do you wanna build a snowman?
Sorry, that one line will probably be lodged in your head for the rest of the day. And for good reason: Frozen pretty much took over the radio, TV and internet this past year. Even if you make it a point not to watch kids’ movies, you’ve probably heard Idina Menzel’s “Let It Go” or caught the movie while babysitting…then found yourself recommending it to friends a week later.
These Frozen costume ideas will basically ensure that every child under 10 years old will be absolutely enchanted by you (think of it as having pint-sized paparazzi — you’ll essentially be a celeb for the night), and strike that inner-kid nerve we all know we have. The big question is: Are you more of an Elsa or Ana? Or Olaf?
Queen Elsa Costume Ideas:
- Blonde braided wig, $14; Amazon
- Deluxe Frozen costume, $46; Amazon
- OR chiffon maxi skirt ($17, Amazon) + Sheer long sleeve top ($10, Amazon) + Aqua clothing dye ($4, Amazon)
- Elsa’s tiara, $39; Amazon
Princess Anna Costume Ideas:
- Royal blue chiffon maxi skirt, $10; Amazon
- Sheer aqua longsleeve shirt, $14.48; Amazon
- Black fitted vest, $10; Amazon (you could also use the bodice from an old pirate/Renaissance costume)
- Frozen Anna wig, $22; Amazon
Or if you’re really hardcore (and have some cash to spend), you could go all the way Anna:
Olaf Costume Ideas:
Check back every day for more #Halloween13 pop culture costume ideas!