By Samantha Trueheart
You don’t have to be a University of Tennessee student to appreciate a great homemade biscuit, and this four-ingredient wonder recipe hits the spot. Samantha learned this recipe from her roommate’s boyfriend, and it’s been passed down to the women in his family from his great-grandmother (so you know it’s got to be good).
Tip: For a smoother biscuit shape, use a spoon to place each ball of dough on the baking sheet.
- 1 ¾ cups White Lily Self Rising Flour
- 2 tablespoons Crisco
- 13 tablespoons Whole Milk
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add 1 ¾ cup flour, salt and 2 tablespoons of Crisco in a mixing bowl. Knead the mixture until dough is in in fine chunks.
- Add in a tablespoon of milk at a time and knead the dough again until sticky and wet.
- Roll dough into balls and place on cookie sheet.
- Cook for 22 minutes or until golden brown.
Samantha Trueheart is a senior at UTK and a web producer for Oprah.com. Follow her on Twitter: @samtrueheart for witty one-liners, fashion and lifestyle news, and all-around awesomeness.