At some point, it strikes: “Oh shoot! Valentine’s Day is [next week/tomorrow/HAPPENING RIGHT NOW].” Usually, there’s one of two responses.
If you’re in a relationship: Panic, scramble, grab some drugstore chocolates, hope that’s good enough.
If you’re single: Panic, scramble, rent a rom com to mercilessly torture yourself with, scroll Instagram to further agonize over those jerks posting pictures of bouquets and candlelit dinners.
Maybe this year it’s time to give yourself a break. Maybe this is the year you treat yourself. And, if you’re attached, maybe this is the year you don’t settle on the first heart-shaped box of Russell Stovers that doesn’t look stomped on or pre-opened.
These gift ideas may help you plan a great night. We’re not saying perfect, because let’s be real: Imperfect gives you the best stories. It makes you laugh until you snort. Who doesn’t love laughing until you snort?
So however you spend V-Day, we hope you have a great one.
- Sterling Silver “Love” Ring, $89; Etsy
- Call of Duty: Ghosts, $39; Amazon (That tie is charming, but what most guys really want is the chance to virtually shoot things to bits. Or so I hear.)
- “You Know You’re in Love When You Can’t Fall Asleep Because Your Reality is Finally Better Than Your Dreams” Print, $20; Sevenly (Mushy, yes, but that’s what this holiday is for!)
- “You Complete Me” and “You’re Purrfect” Mugs, $5.39; Target
- Kenneth Cole New York Silver Accent Watch, $75.28; Amazon
- Cookie Dough Oreos, 2 packages for $13.69; Amazon (Because nothing says “I love you” quite like scouring the Earth for one of the remaining boxes of Limited Edition Oreos! Don’t forget the milk, Romeos.)
- Kate Spade Rose Gold Wallet, $77; Amazon