Okay, so maybe you don’t need to go as far as channeling your inner Heisenberg (nobody wants that, mmkay?), but with these Walter White-inspired costume ideas, dishes and drinking games, you’ll be partying harder than Marie at a convention for people who are unnaturally obsessed with the color purple (yes, the shade, not the book).
The new season starts on Sunday, Aug. 11 at 9 p.m. EST on AMC.
All of the previous episodes (even the first half of season five) are available on Netflix, so you have no excuse not to host a TV marathon leading up to the big premiere.
This is the only acceptable attire. Well, maybe a Los Pollos or DEA shirt, but if you’re Breaking Bad, you’ve got to go all the way. Bonus points if you shave your head. Or rock the Risky Business-esque buttondown and tighty whities Walt wore in season one. Retro.
Get the look:
- Disposable Tyvek Coverup Suit, $7.23
- Clear Aviator Glasses, $10.95
- Fake Moustache Party Pack, $2.22
- See below for rock candy
Note: All of these are from Amazon for quick, one-stop shopping (full disclosure: these are affiliate links, which means the site gets about 4% back on any purchases). Plus, if you sign up for Amazon Prime’s 30-day free trial, you can take advantage of free two-day shipping. Score!
- Blue rock candy in small, plastic baggies. You can make your own or head to your local candy store. If you’re having trouble finding it, you can buy a one-pound bag of the Blue Raspberry flavor for $13.99 here.
- Fried chicken, in honor of the show’s drug-front-slash-favorite-restaurant.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip, because it’s a crowdpleaser. (We also have a vegan recipe.)
- Pretzel dogs, because those pigs in a blanket could use an upgrade.
- Watermelon margaritas, if you’re over 21. (The show may be all about illegal activity, but we’re not, capisce?)
This is a Breaking Bad party, not a bar mitzvah at Los Pollos Hermanos, so no real “decor” is needed. In fact, it’ll probably be more fitting with the theme if you don’t clean beforehand. And put up some police caution tape and forget to change that broken lightbulb. Extra seediness is key, unless you’re going the Marie route, in which case: MAKE EVERYTHING PURPLE. When in doubt, Barney up that place, stat.