With the holiday season well underway, you’ve got some gift giving to do. And, if you don’t want A Christmas Story-esque pair of pink bunny pajamas, you’ll probably need to give Aunt Clara a wishlist. (It was hilarious in the movie; in real life, not so much.) We’ve made it nice and easy for you. Just email, print, or text this story to whoever you need to, or pull it up on your phone as you cross people off your Nice List.
Tip: Before checking out when shopping online, visit Retail Me Not or search for “[company name] discount code” to score slashed prices or free shipping (or both!).
The Big Ask
We all do it. Every year, there’s just that irresistible item we just can’t live without. Okay, we can certainly live without it, but oh, how we’d squeal with glee if it came wrapped under our Christmas tree (or Hannukah bush). It’s a little out of the standard gifting price range, but you can’t help but dream of it. It’s your Red Rider BB Gun, for Ralphie’s sake!
The Secret Santa
Inevitably, you’ll attend at least one — maybe as many as 3 or 4 — Secret Santa or White Elephant gift exchanges. It’s normal, and so is the internal debate over what to give. From a cozy knit headband that protects the wearer’s ears from the biting cold to a cookbook that makes deciding on dinner almost as easy as visiting Collegiate Cook (shameless plug: you could always pen our URL in the inside cover!), these finds will have people fighting over your gift.
- Tassel bracelets, Feed (provides 5 school lunches to kids in need!); $5
- Knit headband, Fred Flare; $4.99
- Octopus Surprise mug, Amazon; $13.39
- USB Mug Warmer, Leedsworld (via Amazon); $6.99
- Arrow ring, Brandy Melville; $4
- Peace Coffee (12 ounces; proceeds provide 25 cups of food to people in need), The Hunger Site; $11.95
- A Man, A Can, A Microwave cookbook, Amazon or Walmart; $9.74-$10.75
Gifts for Besties, BFs and GFs
They’ve been with you through it all, so why not spoil them just a little bit? Plus, half these gifts are shareable, so you’ll enjoy them too. (Bonus!)
- Tovolo Pie Pops Molds, Amazon; $17.14
- Filigree Locket Necklace by Ideology, Fab; $20
- Scrabble Catch Phrase,Amazon; $19.99
- 3-Month Subscription to Birchbox (men or women); $30-$60
- Himalayan Salt Tequila Glasses, Uncommon Goods; $30