TV bullies have a few signature tactics to assert their status in high school: swirlies, lunch money thefts, stuffing kids into lockers. It’s become so overdone, though, that these cliches are just plain boring.
Thankfully, Glee — a show about a group of social outcasts who fight, find themselves and, of course, sing in Glee Club — offers a whole new spin on maintaining social order: anyone deemed ‘uncool’ is christened as such with a slushie to the face. For example, when the star quarterback and pregnant former cheerleader, join the unpopular club, they’re met with so many colorful splashes of slush that they start wearing sunglasses in the halls. Even McKinley High’s mohawk-rocking badass, Puck, gets a slushie facial when he dates the perky embodiment of showtunes and overwhelming ambition, Rachel Berry.
Planning a watch party? Check out these other ideas for getting your Glee on.
Utensils required: knife, cutting board, measuring cup, blender Ingredients:
- 6-7 strawberries, fresh or frozen (Plus a couple for garnish, but that’s optional)
- 1 1/2 cups tropical fruit juice (I used Tropicana’s Orange Peach Mango)
- 8-9 ice cubes
- 2 packets (or 1 tablespoon) sugar
Time commitment: 5-10 minutes
Steps (makes 4 small smoothies):
1. Wash all of the strawberries and chop off the green, leafy tops.
2. Next, slice them in half and pour the sugar on top of them to sweeten the strawberries.
3. Pour 1 and 1/2 cups of tropical fruit juice into the blender, then add in the ice cubes and the sugar-coated strawberries.
4. Blend it on medium to medium-high for about a minute or two, until the ice has broken down to a smoothie consistency.